A 200- Level Student Ibrahim Abdullahi of Federal University Dutse has reportedly d*ed in a Gas explosion as Two others were seriously injured. They were rushed to the hospital for emergency treatment.

The 200-Level student of the Department of Soil Science, Faculty Of Agriculture, was among the three students injured in the gas explosion which occurred at an Off-Campus Hostel in Dutse, in the capital of the State.

The university’s spokesperson, Abdullahi Bello, who confirmed the incident said Abdullahi d*ed on Tuesday, October 5, at the intensive care unit of ATBU Teaching Hospital, Bauchi State. He said the university had facilitated his referral to the hospital.

He said the remains of Ibrahim had since been buried in his hometown, Funtua LGA of Katsina State. The two injured persons are responding to treatment, the official said.

“The Vice-Chancellor of the University, Prof. Abdulkarim Sabo Mohammed, wishes to condole with the family of late Ibrahim Abdullahi. He prayed for Allah to forgive him and grant him Aljanatu Firdausi. May Allah give the parent the fortitude to bear the loss,” he said.

The university’s spokesperson cautioned students, especially those living in houses with poor ventilation, to desist from using cooking gas indoors, adding that such act can be dangerous and cause long-term health effect

READ ALSO: I almost couldn’t complete secondary school but now studying in one of the world’s best universities – Noel, Nigerian man who lost both parents at young age shares his story

Below is video of the injured students

ALLSCHOOL TEAM

Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.